Friday, September 26, 2008

Yoga, maybe I am like bella....and McDonalds

Today I went to yoga for the first time in 1 month. Unfortunately school has gotten in my way (it always does) so I haven't been able to go at all. I did better than I thought I would. I did lose some of my flexibility, but I'm glad I didn't lose more. I think dance and other exercises have helped as well.

This post isn't supposed to be about me anyways, so one new thing I found out about Bikram yoga. This guy had a knee injury and doctors told him he would never walk again (doctors are soooo dramatic) but he used a serious of 26 yoga positions to heal and now he teaches yoga in a room that is heated to 37 degrees C or above (that is body temp or higher). This is supposed to minimize injury since the room is the same temperature (or higher) as your body. I want to try it, but I'm trying to limit my ambitions since my parents don't have unlimited money. If anyone out there is a dermatologist or knows a dermatologist or goes to a dermatologist, I would love to talk to a dermatologist and see what that job is like. I'm interested in being a dermatologist/ part time yoga instructor.

Wow, I didn't realize how self-centered I am, this post just keeps coming back to me....=(. Well since I'm already off to a bad start let me just say it, McDonald's. I absolutely with every cell in my body hate McDonald's. There was this test on you tube, and this guy put some typical McD. entrees in a glass jar he also put a typical burger that you would buy from a restaurant (not fast food). The results were disgusting. The french fries from McD stayed in their original form for about 8 wks or something. Just think how hard it is for your stomach to break that down!! I read a book called 'Everything you didn't want to know about fast food'. I'm glad that I now know all that stuff. It really slapped me in the face. I wouldn't say that I ate fast food a lot before I read it, but I don't even touch McD food any more. I would recommend that book to anyone. Something else I thought was very eye opening was The story of stuff ( http://storyofstuff.com/ ). I can't even explain that. I thought it was funny and informative. I watched it twice and I would probably watch it again.

I'm very happy right now, I got my first comment. Yay!! The comment is on my first post if you want to read it. Someone said I reminded them of Bella Swan. I think I'm definitely klutzy, but I don't see any other similarities. It is hard for me to self-asses myself. I have one question though. Where is my Edward? =)

1 comment:

Strawberry Girl said...

Your right about McDonalds, super super nasty!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.