Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Rush.

Life is so much like music it is scary. You have the director who is never satisfied no matter how well you do. I guess that would be your boss of some cranky teachers/people. You have the notes which are basically the tasks at hand. What you need to do. Then there are instruments you could think of those as your bodies. So many different kinds shapes and textures, they are also all very hard to get in tune and stay in tune. There are dynamics which make the tasks (notes) ever more so interesting. They add some spice and flavor to an otherwise dull piece. Then there is the subject of today's post the tempo. There are the pieces where there is a definite tempo change and you can anticipate it. Other pieces constantly stay at the same pace, but no matter what you can't help but speeding up or slowing down at certain parts. It is a bit frustrating when you are going along and then you are like, "What's going on? Why is everyone going so fast?" So you try and slow down, but you just make the whole band sound awful. I feel like that is happening to me sometimes. No one just sits and plays board games, or walks outside because they have nothing better to do than enjoy the crisp air. We are basically like the animals raised for meat except we consciously (or more like sub-consciously) inflict this on ourselves. We push and push and push to squeeze all the work and effort out of one item, person, device that it just isn't worth it. For example, okay sure you could have the job from 9-5 get home and rush rush rush, take joey to soccer kevin to football and jenny to dance. Get home, clean and go to sleep. All the while move, move, move. What kind of quality of life is that? I feel like I've been brainwashed. You need to do good in school, go to college, get a good job, and then make money, retire at 60 and start living then. Yeah like I'm really going to want to travel the world when I'm old an ugly (no offense to any seniors out there, some people age quite nicely. I could be one of them but I have a feeling my skin will yet again betray me.) I am just so unsure about things. I'm teetering on the edge of childhood and the rest of my life (I just make this all sound so dramatic, don't I?). I'm only 13 years old and I'm worried about a career. This is nonsense and I better get some sleep. I'll talk to you later. Until then digest my words, hopefully they won't give you gas (but that would only be because they are high in fiber).

1 comment:

Strawberry Girl said...

Interesting comparison, and a good sense of humor. :0)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.