Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Three fifths compromise

I learned about something at school today, it is called the three fifths compromise. Basically they states didn't know how to count slaves with taxes, and count them in the population. So they counted 3/5 of the slave population of that state. Just a fun fact, it has nothing what so ever to do with my post. My mom is getting really mad at my school, and for some reason I love this! She drove me and my brother to school today (we normally take the bus, even though our bus driver is psycho. We want to carpool and save the Earth! I'm kidding, my parents don't want to waste gas, but it is basically the same thing.) Anyways this lady in front of her was going really slow so my mom screams, "Is she waiting for the second coming of Christ?!?!"It was more the way she said it than what she actually said. My friends found it funny so I thought I would give it a shot.

That brings up the next question why was my mom so mad at my school? Well she wants to get a form so I can be in an pre-IB program at another school. She called 5 times and asked for them to give me a form, so finally today she got one.

I'm not doing very well with my goals, on Monday I have to tell my reading teacher The Devil's Arthimetic thing. I have no clue what she is going to say and that is why I'm scared.

I'm reading the book Jane Eyre I'm on Chapter 2, but I like it so far. I'm going to try and read all of the classics before I get out of school. They are the only books that actually challenge me. I have to read slow and sometimes re-read. I like Dracula so far, I love the way Bram describes this guy's fear, it is so real.

1 comment:

Strawberry Girl said...

You are probably happy that she is feeling some of the frustration that you are feeling towards your school. I have a similar goal of reading all of the classics, i've just been side tracked lately.

~Strawberry Girl

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.